.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Spinning Yarns . . .

Once upon a time, storytellers told stories verbally, or "spun their yarns" to those who would listen. I haven't personally researched it, however logically I think this practice can probably date back to an earlier time when spinning and weaving were common daily activities in a household. A spinner could both fascinate their audience by the art of making yarns and threads from fibers, and at the same time expound a tale to the captive audience.

Spinning and weaving are other hobbies I enjoy because they're relaxing and productive. And that's why I agreed to participate in a demo this coming weekend. I'll probably not "spin" and yearn tales, just get started on a new Christmas project, meet new people, and gather more interesting ideas to write about.

~Ann JR

0 comments: